Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Myrtle Beach 2013

My family made their annual trek to Myrtle Beach the last week in June. Thankfully, I was able to fly down for most of the week to spend some time with my family. Because Jake and I were going to Gettysburg the week after I returned, he was unable to go with me.

I flew out of Huntington, WV, and because Jake is terrified of the thought of flying I took tons of pictures to show him when I returned...



After I landed in Myrtle Beach, Mom and Gram Keller were there to greet me. Gram is the tiny dot wearing the green shirt. :D
As soon as I landed, my brother Josh and his wife Keshia, Mom and Brent, and I walked to one of our favorite restuarants at the beach - The Pier! It was a great way to kick off a relaxing week.  We also went putt-putt golfing, where everyone scored a hole in one, except for Brent who won the entire game. And Gram Keller actually had 2 hole in ones!

We also went on the Sky Wheel. Which is a huge farris wheel right on the boardwalk. You sit on benches in glass "bubbles", complete with air conditioning, and doors. I was impressed with how comfortable it was. And we were able to fit 6 people into our bubble.

 View from the top
Because Jake is scared of heights, I took this one for him. :P


During a little shopping spree, I finally decided to purchase a pair of Rainbow sandals. I read about Rainbows last summer and how comfortable, durable, and long lasting they are. So, I thought that it would be a good investment...
In retro-spec, I should have purchased them last year. They are really the best sandal I've ever owned. More than worth the initial investment.

All in all, it was a fabulous week with my family. I'm so thankful I was able to go, and make countless memories in one of our favorite places. In closing, I'll leave you with some pictures of the beach. Up next is Gettysburg!




No comments:

Post a Comment